Orange Tree, Fenton
Year(s) of Production: 1912-1929 Butler Bros Catalog
Pattern Description: Standard bowls/plates have orange trees around a center ring of squares-Bearded Berry exterior. On most other shapes, the trees are the exterior pattern. On large fruit bowls, the pattern is both inside and out.
Similar Patterns: Fenton Orange Tree Orchard, Fenton Orange Tree Scroll
Shapes in Database: Berry Set, Bowl, Breakfast Set, Butter Dish, Candy Dish, Centerpiece Bowl, Compote, Creamer, Cup, Fruit Bowl, Hatpin Holder, Loving Cup, Mug, Nut Bowl, Pin Tray, Pitcher, Plate, Powder Jar, Punch Bowl, Punch Bowl Base, Punch Bowl Top, Punch Set, Rose Bowl, Sherbet, Spooner, Sugar, Table Set, Tumbler, Water Set, Wine
Colors in Database*: Amber, Amberina, Amethyst/Purple, Aqua, Aqua Opal, Aqua/Marigold Overlay, Black Amethyst, Blue, Celeste Blue, Clambroth, Electric Blue, Emerald Green, Green, Ice Green, Ice Green Opal, Lavender, Lime Green/Marigold Overlay, Marigold, Marigold on Moonstone, Pastel Marigold, Peach Opal, Pink/Marigold Overlay, Powder Blue, Powder Blue/Marigold Overlay, Red, Red Slag, Reverse Amberina, Sapphire Blue/Marigold Overlay, Smoke, Teal, Vaseline/Marigold Overlay, White, Yellow
*Not all colors are available in every shape.
About Orange Tree
Orange Tree pattern consists of large leafy trees with round fruit interspersed (presumably oranges!); many shapes have bands above or below the trees with a scale pattern.
This pattern is pictured in the mid-Spring 1912 Butler Bros Catalog and was advertised thru 1929.
Fenton made Orange Tree in both an amazing number of shapes and colors. There are also some interesting whimsies and variants in the Orange Tree pattern.
The reported shapes include:
• Bowls (see standard-orangetree)
• Berry Sets (generally square toed, including large bowls and sauces) (see berryset-orangetree)
• Breakfast Sets & Table Sets (including Butter Dish/Creamer/Spooner/Sugar) (see bset-tset-orangetree)
• Candy Dishes, Nut Bowls & Rose Bowls – aka Fenton’s Flowers (twig footed) (see candy-nut-rose-orangetree)
• Centerpiece Bowls, Fruit Bowls (scroll footed) (see centerfruitbowls-orangetree)
• Compotes (made from the wine glass) (see compote-orangetree)
• Hatpin Holders (square toed) (see hatpinholder-orangetree)
• Loving Cups (see lovingcups-orangetree)
• Mugs (Shaving & Standard) (see mugs-orangetree)
• Pin Trays (see pintrays-orangetree)
• Plates (see standard-orangetree)
• Powder Jars (covered) (see powderjars-orangetree)
• Punch Bowl Sets (including Punch Bowl Top/Bottom/Cup) (see punchbowlsets-orangetree)
• Sherbets (see sherbets-orangetree)
• Water Sets (including Pitcher/Tumbler) (see watersets-orangetree)
– Pitchers and Tumblers Variant (see variant-p-t-orangetree)
• Whimsies (see whimsies-orangetree)
• Wines (see wine-orangetree) Wine Variant (see variant-wine-orangetree)